Microbial and Biochemical Pharmacy —— Microbiology
Department：National Key Center for Screening Novel Microbial Drugs
Tel: (8610) 63180604
Education & Research Experience
1994/09-1999/07 Ph.D. Department of Microbiological Pharmacy, Peking Union Medical College
1986/09-1989/07 M.Sc. Department of Biochemical & Microbiological Pharmacy, Peking Union Medical College
1978/02-1982/01 B.Sc. Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, China Pharmaceutical University
2009/04-Now Director, Principal Investigator, National Key Center for Screening Novel Microbial Drugs, Institute of Medicinal Biotechnology，CAMS/PUMC
2007/10-2008/07 Visiting Scholar，Department of Chemistry, Oregon State University, USA
2005/10-2006/10 Visiting Scholar, Protein Sciences Group, Genomics Science Centre, Yokohama Institute, (Riken), Japan
2000/10- Now: Principal Investigator, Institute of Medicinal Biotechnology, C.A.M.S., China.
1998/06-2000/09 Associate Director, Institute of Medicinal Biotechnology, C.A.M.S., China, Study on the screening for new microbial drugs.
1997/07-1998/06 Guest Researcher, General Institute, Sciences University of Tokyo, Japan, Study on natural products chemistry and protein chemistry
1995/06-1997/06 Visiting Scholar, The Kitasato Institute, Tokyo, Japan, Discovery of New Anti-atherosclerotic Agents from Microorganisms
1994/04-1995/06 Research Associate, Institute of Medicinal Biotechnology, C.A.M.S., China. Study on the screening for new antibiotics.
1989/08-1994/03 Research Assistant, Institute of Medicinal Biotechnology, C.A.M.S., China. Study on the screening for new antibiotics.
Study on the discovery of novel antibiotics and anti-atherosclerotic agents
Dr. Si has been engaged in the screening and discovery of novel antibiotics, anti-atherosclerotic and anti-osteoporosis agents. By the yeast two-hybrid system, Si’ Lab identified several novel anti-tuberculosis agents that target ribosome subunit interaction and novel anti-Gram negative bacterial agents that target LPS transport system LptA/LptC interaction. Si’ Lab is devoted to research and development of novel anti-atherosclerotic and anti-osteoporosis drug candidates that target ABCA1 experession regulating by PPARs and SIRTs.
1. Yuan Lin#, Yan Li#, Yuanjun Zhu, Jing Zhang, Yongzhen Li, Xiao Liu, Wei Jiang, Shishan Yu, Xuefu You, Chunling Xiao, Bin Hong, Yanchang Wang,* Jiandong Jiang,* Shuyi Si,* "Identification of anti-tuberculosis agents that target ribosome subunit interaction using yeast two-hybrid system, PNAS, 2012, 109(43):17424-17429
2. Minghua Chen#, Renzhong Wang#, Wuli Zhao, Liyan Yu, Conghui Zhang, Shanshan Chang, Yan Li, Tao Zhang, Jianguo Xing, Maoluo Gan*, Feng Feng*, Shuyi Si*，Isocoumarindole A, a Chlorinated Isocoumarin and Indole Alkaloid Hybrid Metabolite from an Endolichenic Fungus Aspergillus sp. Organic Letters，2019, 21, 1530−1533
3. Yanni Xu#, Chang Liu# , Xiaowan Han#, Xiaojian Jia, Yongzhen Li , Chao Liu , Ni Li , Lunming Liu , Peng Liu, Xinhai Jiang, Weizhi Wang, Xiao Wang, Yining Li, Mingzhu Chen, Jinque Luo, Xuan Zuo, Jiangxue Han, Li Wang , Yu Du , Yang Xu, Jian-Dong Jiang*, Bin Hong *, Shuyi Si*. E17241 as a Novel ABCA1 (ATP-Binding Cassette Transporter A1) Upregulator Ameliorates Atherosclerosis in Mice. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2021 Jan 14; doi: 10.1161/ATVBAHA.120.314156. PMID: 33441025.
4.Wei-wei Wang, Chao Liu, Ning-yu Zhu, Yuan Lin, Jian-dong Jiang,, Yan-chang Wang, Yan Li*, Shu-yi Si* ,Identification of anti-Gram-negative bacteria agents targeting the interaction between ribosomal proteins L12 and L10, Acta Pharmceutica Sinica B, 2018, Sep;8(5):772-783.
5.Jinque Luo#, Xiao Wang#, Xinhai Jiang, Chao Liu, Yongzhen Li, Xiaowan Han, Xuan Zuo, Yining Li, Ni Li, Yanni Xu*, Shuyi Si*, Rutaecarpine derivative R3 attenuates atherosclerosis via inhibiting NLRP3 inflammasome-related inflammation and modulating cholesterol transport. FASEB J.2020 Jan;34(1):1398-1411. doi: 10.1096/fj.201900903RRR. Epub 2019 Dec 1.
Awards and Honors
1. The State Counncil Special Allowance Expert (2016)
2. Advanced Individuals in the National Medical and Health System (2012)
1. Director, Antibiotics Committee of Chinese Pharmaceutical Association (2019/11-2023/11)
2. Honorary Director, Enzyme Engineering and Fermentation Engineering Committee, China Medicinal Biotech Association
3. Editorial board member, Chinese journal of biotechnology
4. Editorial board member, Acta Pharmaceutica Sinica
5. Editorial board member, Chinese Jourmal of Antibiotics
6. Editorial board member, Chinese Journal of Pharmaceutical Analysis
7. Committee Member, 6th and 7th Academic Committee of Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College
8. Committee Member, Molecular Biology and Biotechnology Committee, Chinese Society for Microbiology