Microbial and Biochemical Pharmacy
Department：Department of Microbial Chemistry
Education & Research Experience
2017/10 – Now Associate Professor, Institute of Medicinal Biotechnology, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences & Peking Union Medical College
2011/09-2017/09 Assistant professor, Institute of Medicinal Biotechnology, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences & Peking Union Medical College
2006/09-2011/07 Ph.D in microbial and biochemical pharmacy, Peking Union Medical College
1995/09-1999/07 B.S in department of animal pharmacy, Sichuan Agricultural University
Prospecting of pharmaceutical microorganisms, and discovering novel antibiotics from microbes, especially from actinomycetes
Dr. Jiang has been engaged in Prospecting of pharmaceutical microorganisms from un- and under-explored habitats, and discovering novel bioactive metabolites from microbes, especially from actinomycetes. Also, exploring methods for rapid dereplication of known antibiotics in the early stage, based on combination of multiple discovery strategies, such as UPLC-UV-HRMS/MS analysis, MS/MS-based molecular networking analysis, and UNIFI screening platform etc.
1. Zhong-Ke Jiang, Xin-Xin Hu, Lan-Lin Xiao, Yi-Ru Ren, Anna N. Shakhtina, Dmitrii A. Lukianov, Ilya A. Osterma, Petr V. Sergiev, Olga A. Dontsova, Hao Wang, Gang Wu, Xue-Fu You, and Cheng-Hang Sun*: Beilunmycin, a new virginiamycins antibiotic from mangrove-derived Streptomyces sp. 2BBP-J2 and the antibacterial activity by inhibiting translation. Journal of Asian Natural Products Research. 2020. (Published online: 14 Sep 2020).
2. Zhong-Ke Jiang, Li Tuo, Da-Lin Huang, Ilya A. Osterman, Anton P. Tyurin, Shao-Wei Liu, Dmitry A. Lukyanov, Petr V. Sergiev, Olga A. Dontsova, Vladimir A. Korshun, Fei-Na Li and Cheng-Hang Sun*：Diversity, Novelty, and Antimicrobial Activity of Endophytic Actinobacteria From Mangrove Plants in Beilun Estuary National Nature Reserve of Guangxi, China. Frontiers in Microbiology. 2018, 9: 868
3. Zhong-Ke Jiang, Zhen Pan, Fei-Na Li, Xiao-Jun Li, Shao-Wei Liu, Li Tuo, Ming-Guo Jiang, Cheng-Hang Sun*. Marmoricola endophyticus sp. nov., an endophytic actinobacterium isolated from Thespesia populnea. Int. J. Syst. Evol. Microbiol. 2017,67(11): 4379-4384.
4. Zhong-Ke Jiang#, Lin Guo#, Chuan Chen, Shao-Wei Liu, Lin Zhang, Su-Juan Dai, Qi-Yang He, Xue-Fu You, Xin-Xin Hu, Li Tuo, Wei Jiang* and Cheng-hang Sun*. Xiakemycin A, a novel pyranonaphthoquinone antibiotic, produced by the Streptomyces sp. CC8-201 from the soil of a karst cave. J. Antibiot. 2015, 68(12): 771-774. (co-first author)
5. Zhong-Ke Jiang, Lian-Hong Guo, Yang Zhang, Cheng-Hang Sun, Yuan Li, Jian-Bo Wu, Rong Jiang*: 2754A, a new inhibitor of VEGFR-2 isolated from the Streptomyces sp. 2754. J. Antibiot. 2010, 63(12): 721-723.