Microbial and Biochemical Pharmacy
Education & Research Experience：
2016/10- Now Associate Professor, Institute of Medicinal Biotechnology, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences
2013/9-2016/10 Research assistant, Institute of Medicinal Biotechnology, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences
2008/9-2013/7 Ph.D. in microbial and biochemical pharmacy, Peking Union Medical College
2004/9-2008/7 MD. Peking University School of Pharmaceutical Sciences
Antineoplastic Agents Research; Chemical Biology Research
Xue Si-tu specializes in medicinal chemistry with major research interests in new target points of antineoplastic agents and drug discovery: conducting systematic studies on proteins such as ULK1 and FoxM1 used as potential drug targets via the research approach of combining chemical biology with virtual screening, chemical synthesis and molecular biology. He has presided over two projects funded by the National Natural Science Foundation of China— “Systematic Research Based on Autophagy Key Kinase ULK1 as Potential Therapeutic Target of HCC” and “Research on MDM2-p53 Interaction Specific Inhibitor”, one project supported by China Health and Longevity Innovation Contest, a study on the life-prolonging effect of a class of benzo-fused 5-membered heterocyclic compound represented by XST-125 and one project sponsored by Peking Union Medical College “Construction of Double First-class Pharmaceutical Science”: Construction of Anti-infective Pharmacy Discipline. He has published over ten papers as the first author in domestic and international academic journals such as Autophagy, Eur J Med Chem and Acta Phar Sinica B and has obtained altogether twelve invention patents in China, America, Europe and Japan.
1. Si-tu Xue#; Ke Li#; Yang Gao; Luyao Zhao; Yan Gao; Hong Yi; Jian-Dong Jiang*; Zhuo-Rong Li*; The role of the key autophagy kinase ULK1 in hepatocellular carcinoma and its validation as a treatment target., Autophagy, 2020, 16(10): 1823-1837.
2. Si-tu Xue#; Lei Zhang#; Zhuo-song Xie; Jie Jin; Hui-fang Guo; Hong Yi; Zong-ying Liu*; Zhuo-rong Li*. Substituted benzothiophene and benzofuran derivatives as a novel class of bone morphogenetic Protein-2 upregulators: Synthesis, antiosteoporosis efficacies in ovariectomized rats and a zebrafish model, and ADME properties., Eur J Med Chem, 2020, 200: 112465.
3. A-Long Cui#; Wen-Fang Sun #; Zhao-Jin Zhong; Jie Jin; Si-Tu Xue*; Shuo Wu*; Yu-Huan Li; Zhuo-Rong Li. Synthesis and Bioactivity of N-(4-Chlorophenyl)-4-Methoxy-3-(Methylamino) Benzamide as a Potential Anti-HBV Agent., Drug Des Devel Ther. 2020, 14: 3723-3729. DOI: 10.2147/dddt.s263701
4. Si-tu Xue#; Ya-li Wang#; Xiao-wan Han; Hong Yi; Wei Jiang; Shu-yi Si; Hui-fang Guo*; Zhuo-rong Li*; Novel cathepsin K inhibitors block osteoclasts in vitro and increase spinal bone density in zebrafish, RSC Advances, 2019, 9(1): 8600-8607.
5. Si-tu Xue#; Ya-li Wang#; Xiao-wan Han; Hong Yi; Wei Jiang; Shu-yi Si; Hui-fang Guo*; Zhuo-rong Li*; Novel cathepsin K inhibitors block osteoclasts in vitro and increase spinal bone density in zebrafish, RSC Advances, 2019, 9(1): 8600-8607.
6. Si-tu Xue; Hui-fang Guo; Mei-jie Liu; Jie Jin; Da-hong Ju; Zong-ying Liu*; Zhuo-rong Li*; Synthesis of a novel class of substituted benzothiophene or benzofuran derivatives as BMP-2 up-regulators and evaluation of the BMP-2-up-regulating effects in vitro and the effects on glucocorticoid-induced osteoporosis in rats., Eur J Med Chem, 2015, 96: 151-161.
7. Xing-yue Ji#; Si-tu Xue#; Yue-chen Zhan; Jia-jia Shen; Lin-tao Wu; Jie Jin; Zhen Wang*; Zhuo-rong Li*; Design, synthesis and antiproliferative activity of a novel class of indole-2-carboxylate derivatives., Eur J Med Chem, 2014, 83: 409-418.
8. Si-tu Xue; Wei-ying He; Lin-lin Ma; Hui-qiang Wang; Bo Wang; Guang-Hui Zheng; Xing-Yue Ji; Tian Zhang; Yu-Huan Li*; Jian-Dong Jiang; Zhuo-Rong Li*; Synthesis and anti-influenza virus activities of a novel class of gastrodin derivatives., Molecules, 2013, 18(4): 3789-3805.
9. Si-tu Xue; Lin-linMa; Rong-mei Gao; Yu-huan Li; Zhuo-rong Li*; Synthesis and antiviral activity of some novel indole-2-carboxylate derivatives., Acta Pharmaceutica Sinica B, 2014, 4(4): 313-321.
10. Xing-yue Ji#; Si-tu Xue#; Guang-hui Zheng; Yan-xing Han; Zong-ying Liu; Jian-dong Jiang; Zhuo-rong Li*; Total synthesis of cajanine and its antiproliferative activity against human hepatoma cells., Acta Pharmaceutica Sinica B. 2011, 1(2): 93-99.
Awards and Honors：
1. Second Prize in the Pharmaceutical Science Group of the 14th National Medical and Health Youth Science and Technology Forum
2. Third Prize in the 1st China Health and Longevity Innovation Contest