Microbial and Biochemical Pharmacy —— Microbiology
Education & Research Experience
1987-1991: Department of Microbiology, Shandong University, Bachelor of science, majoring in microbial engineering;
1991-1994: Institute of pharmaceutical biotechnology, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, master of science, majoring in microbial pharmacy;
1994-1997: Chinese Academy of preventive medicine, Institute of Virology, doctor of science, major in Microbiology and immunology;
1998-2001: Postdoctoral Fellow, virology, McGill University (Canada).
2001-2003: Assistant Researcher, Jess general hospital, lady Davis Institute, Canada;
2003-2011: Project Director, lady Davis Institute, Jewish General Hospital, Canada;
2004-2011: Assistant Professor, Department of medicine, McGill University School of medicine, Canada;
2007-2011: Assistant Professor, Department of Microbiology and immunology, McGill University School of medicine, Canada;
2008 to present: Director and researcher, Department of immunology, Institute of pharmaceutical biotechnology, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences.
2010 to present: Distinguished Professor of Peking Union Medical College and Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences
From 2020 to now: Associate Professor of Peking Union Medical College
Research Field：Virus host interaction, antiviral innate immunity and antiviral drugs
Research Interests：Long term commitment to basic virological research and antiviral drug application research. It focuses on the virus host interaction of major and new pathogenic viruses (HIV, HCV, influenza, HFMD, Ebola, etc.), the innate immune mechanism of host anti-virus, the discovery of new anti infective drug targets and the research of new anti infective drugs. He has successively presided over the scientific research projects of 973, the 11th Five Year Plan and 12th Five Year Plan major new drug creation projects, the 13th five year plan major infectious disease projects, the national key R & D science and technology projects, the National Natural Science Foundation of China, the American AIDS research foundation, the Canadian AIDS research foundation and the Canadian National Institutes of health. He has published nearly 200 academic papers (more than 134 SCI papers) and one monograph in cell reports, PLoS pathway, J Virol, JBC, cell host microbe, Hepatology and other journals. In the research and development of antiviral drugs, more than 60 patents have been applied for, and more than 30 Chinese and international patents have been authorized. It has trained more than 30 doctoral and master's degree students, 4 doctors in research and 1 master's degree. At present, the research team has 12 employees. It has the scientific research conditions to carry out basic and applied research in virology, cell biology, biochemistry, pharmaceutical pharmacology, rational drug design, new drug screening, etc. it has advanced instruments and equipment such as confocal, flow cytometry, molecular interaction instrument, various analytical detectors, zebrafish room, biosafety laboratory, etc.
1) Li Q#, Yi D#, Lei X#, Zhao J, Zhang Y, Cui X, Xiao X, Jiao T, Dong X, Zhao X, Zeng H, Liang C, Ren L, Guo F, Li X, Wang J*, Cen S*. Corilagin inhibits SARS-CoV-2 viral replication by targeting the RNA-dependent RNA polymerase. Acta Pharm Sin B. 2021 Feb 15. doi: 10.1016/j.apsb.2021.02.011. Online ahead of print. IF: 7.097
2) Wang M#, Zhang G#, Zhao J, Cheng N, Wang Y, Fu Y, Zheng Y, Wang J, Zhu M, Cen S*, He J*, Wang Y*. Synthesis and antiviral activity of a series of novel quinoline derivatives as anti-RSV or anti-IAV agents. Eur J Med Chem. 2021 Jan 27;214:113208. doi: 10.1016/j.ejmech.2021.113208. IF: 5.573
3) Wang J* and Cen S*. Roles of lncRNAs in influenza virus infection. Emerg Microbes Infect. 2020 Dec;9(1):1407-1414. IF: 5.776
4) Hao X, Yu J, Wang Y, Connolly JA, Liu Y, Zhang Y, Yu L, Cen S*, Goss RJM*, Gan M*. Zelkovamycins B-E, Cyclic Octapeptides Containing Rare Amino Acid Residues from an Endophytic Kitasatospora sp. Org Lett. 2020 Dec 4;22(23):9346-9350. doi: 10.1021. IF: 6.091
5) Wang Z, Chai K, Liu Q, Yi DR, Pan Q, Huang Y, Tan J, Qiao W, Guo F, Cen S, Liang C. MxB inhibits nuclear localization of HIV-1 Rev protein. Emerg Microbes Infect. 2020 Dec;9(1):2030-2045. doi: 10.1080. IF: 5.776
6) Zhang G, Wang M, Zhao J, Wang Y, Zhu M, Wang J*, Cen S*, Wang Y*. Design, synthesis and in vitro anti-influenza A virus evaluation of novel quinazoline derivatives containing S-acetamide and NH-acetamide moieties at C-4. Eur J Med Chem. 2020 Aug 7;206:112706. doi: 10.1016. IF: 5.573
7) Yi D, Li Q, Pang L, Wang Y, Zhang Y, Duan Z, Liang C, Cen S*..Identification of a broad-spectrum inhibitor of Dengue virus and Norovirus that targets a novel allosteric site of RdRps. Front Microbiol 2020 Jun 25;11:1440. IF: 4.236
8) Zhu M#, Ma L#, Wen J, Dong B, Wang Y, Wang Z, Zhou J, Zhang G, Wang J, Guo Y, Liang C, Cen S*, Wang Y*. Rational design and Structure-Activity relationship of coumarin derivatives effective on HIV-1 protease and partially on HIV-1 reverse transcriptase. Eur J Med Chem. 2020 Jan 15;186:111900. IF: 5.573
9) Zhang GN, Li Q, Zhao J, Zhang X, Xu Z, Wang Y, Fu Y, Shan Q, Zheng Y, Wang J, Zhu M, Li Z, Cen S*, He J*, Wang Y*. Design and synthesis of 2-((1H-indol-3-yl)thio)-N-phenyl-acetamides as novel dual inhibitors of respiratory syncytial virus and influenza virus A. Eur J Med Chem. 2020 Jan 15;186:111861. IF: 5.573
10) Zhu M, Ma L, Zhou H, Dong B, Wang Y, Wang Z, Zhou J, Zhang G, Wang J, Liang C, Cen S*, Wang Y*. Preliminary SAR and biological evaluation of potent HIV-1 protease inhibitors with pyrimidine bases as novel P2 ligands to enhance activity against DRV-resistant HIV-1 variants. Eur J Med Chem. 2020 Jan 1;185:111866. IF: 5.573
11) Liu T, Sun Q, Liu Y, Cen S*, Zhang Q*. The MOV10 helicase restricts hepatitis B virus replication by inhibiting viral reverse transcription" J Biol Chem. 2019 Dec 20;294(51):19804-19813. IF: 4.238
12) Wang J, Zhang Y, Li Q, Zhao J, Yi D, Ding J, Zhao F, Hu S, Zhou J, Deng T, Li X*, Guo F, Liang C, Cen S*. Influenza virus exploits an interferon-independent lncRNA to warrant viral RNA synthesis by suppression of RIG-I mediated immune response. Cell reports. 2019 Jun 11;27(11):3295-3304. IF: 8.109
13) Ding J#, Ma L#, Zhao J, Xie Y, Zhou J, Li X*, Cen S*. An integrative genomic analysis of transcriptional profiles identified characteristic genes and patterns in HIV-infected long- term non- progressors and elite controllers, J Transl Med. 2019 Jan 21;17(1):35. doi: 10.1186/s12967-019-1777-7.
14) Yi DR#, An N#, Liu ZL#, Xu FW, Raniga K, Li QJ, Zhou R, Wang J, Zhang YX, Zhou JM, Zhang LL, An J, Qin CF, Guo F, Li XY, Liang C*, Cen S*. Human MxB inhibits the replication of HCV. J Virol. 2018 Dec 10;93(1). pii: e01285-18. doi: 10.1128/JVI.01285-18 IF: 4.324
15) Wang J, Wang Y, Zhou R, Zhao J, Zhang Y, Yi D, Li Q, Zhou J, Guo F, Liang C, Li X, Cen S.*. Host Long Noncoding RNA lncRNA-PAAN Regulates the Replication of Influenza A Virus. Viruses. 2018 Jun 16;10(6). pii: E330. doi: 10.3390/v10060330.
16) Li Q, Ma L, Yi D, Wang H, Wang J, Zhang Y, Guo Y, Li X, Zhou J, Shi Y*, Gao GF, Cen S*. Novel cyclo-peptides inhibit Ebola pseudotyped virus entry by targeting primed GP protein. Antiviral Res. 2018 Jul;155:1-11.
17) Zhang Y, Huang Y, Li Q, Li X, Zhou Y, Guo F, Zhou J*, Cen S*. A highly conserved amino acid in VP1regulatesmaturation of enterovirus 71. Plos Pathogens.2017 Sep 22;13(9):e1006625. doi: 10.1371
2009 to present: Editorial board member of Journal of antivirus & antiretrovirals;
2009 to present: Editor of World Journal of biological chemistry;
2011 to present: member of the 11th editorial board of Acta pharmacy
2011 present: editorial board member of Acta pharmacica Sinica B
2011-2016: editorial board member of Acta virologica Sinica
2012 to present: editorial board member of China Medical Biotechnology
2012 to present: editor of PLoS One
2014 to present: Editorial board member, Austin Journal of HIV / AIDS research
2015 to present: editorial board member of genetics
2016 to present: editorial board member of animal models and Experimental Medicine (aMEM)
2015 to present: member of Microbial Resources Committee of Chinese society of Microbiology
2019 to now: standing member of the professional committee of HIV / AIDS virology of China STD / AIDS prevention and Control Association
2020 to now: standing member of AIDS basic research committee of China STD / AIDS prevention and Control Association.