Microbial and Biochemical Pharmacy —— Pharmacology
Education & Research Experience
• 2017.12 ~ present, Associate Professor, The Institute of Medicinal of Biotechnology, Peking Union Medical College & Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences (CAMS & PUMC)
• 2013.08 ~ 2017.12, Research Assistant, The Institute of Medicinal of Biotechnology, Peking Union Medical College & Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences (CAMS & PUMC)
• 2008.09 ~ 2013.07, Peking Union Medical College and Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences (PUMC&CAMS) Ph.D. in Pharmacology
• 2004.09 ~ 2008.07, Shandong University B.S. in Pharmacy
Targeting normal protein degradation system to eradicate tumor-initiating cells (also cancer stem cells)
Our group focuses on exploring the function and mechanism of protein degradation system in regulation of tumor-initiating cells (also cancer stem cells) in the field of malignant hematological, breast, and liver cancer. We screened specific markers to maintain the number and activity of tumor-initiating cells, and identified them as potential drug targets for clearing tumor-initiating cells. We intend to use proteolysis-targeting chimera (PROTAC) technology for targeted protein degradation of these potential targets, aiming for new drugs for eradication of tumor-initiating cells based on targeted protein degradation technology.
Selected Publications（#first author，*corresponding author）
1. Li K#*, Zhang TT#, Zhao CX#, Wang F, Cui B, Yang ZN, Lv XX, Yeerjiang Z, Yuan YF, Yu JM, Wang ZH, Zhang XW, Yu JJ, Liu SS, Shang S, Huang B, Hua F*, Hu ZW*. Faciogenital Dysplasia 5 supports cancer stem cell traits in basal-like breast cancer by enhancing EGFR stability. Sci Transl Med 2021 Mar 24;13(586):eabb2914.
2. Li K#, Wang F#, Yang ZN, Zhang TT, Yuan YF, Zhao CX, Y Z, Cui B, Hua F, Lv XX, Zhang XW, Yu JJ, Liu SS, Yu JM, Shang S, Xiao Y, Hu ZW*. TRIB3 Promotes MYC-associated Lymphoma Development through Suppression of UBE3B-Mediated MYC Degradation. Nat Commun. 2020 11(1):6316.
3. Li K#, Wang F#, Yang ZN#, Cui B, Li PP, Li ZY, Hu ZW*, Zhu HH*. PML-RARα interaction with TRIB3 impedes PPARγ/RXR function and triggers dyslipidemia in acute promyelocytic leukemia. Theranostics. 2020 Aug 15;10(22):10326-10340. doi: 10.7150/thno.45924. PMID: 32929351. (IF=8.063)
4. Zhu HH#, Yang MC#, Wang F#, Lou YJ, Jin J, Li K*, Zhang SZ*. Identification of a novel NUP98-RARA fusion transcript as the 14th variant of acute promyelocytic leukemia. Am J Hematol. 2020 Jul;95(7):E184-E186. doi: 10.1002/ajh.25807. Epub 2020 Apr 29. PMID: 32242976.
5. Xue ST#, Li K#, Gao Y, Zhao LY, Gao Y, Yi H, Jiang JD*, and Li ZR*. The role of the key autophagy kinase ULK1 in hepatocellular carcinoma and its validation as a treatment target. Autophagy, 2020 Jan 27:1-15. doi: 10.1080/15548627.2019.1709762.
6. Li K, Zhang TT, Hu ZW*. Metformin Reduces TRIB3 Expression and Restores Autophagy Flux: An Alternative Antitumor Action. Autophagy. 2018 Jul 20:1-2. Li K, Zhang TT, Wang F, Cui B, Zhao CX, Yu JJ, Lv XX, Zhang XW, Yang ZN, Huang B, Li X, Hua F, Hu ZW*. Metformin suppresses melanoma progression by inhibiting KAT5-mediated SMAD3 acetylation, transcriptional activity and TRIB3 expression. Oncogene. 2018 Jul 20: 1-2.
7. Li K#, Wang F#, Cao WB, Lv XX, Hua F, Cui B, Yu JJ, Zhang XW, Shang S, Liu SS, Yu JM, Han MZ, Huang B, Zhang TT, Li X, Jiang JD, Hu ZW*. TRIB3 Promotes APL Progression through Stabilization of the Oncoprotein PML-RARa and Inhibition of p53-Mediated Senescence. Cancer Cell, 2017, 31: 697-710.
8. Li K, Wang F, Hu ZW*. Targeting TRIB3 and PML-RARα interaction against APL. Oncotarget. 2017, 8: 52012-52013.
9. Li K, Wang F, Hu ZW*. Targeting pseudokinase TRIB3 brings about a new therapeutic option for acute promyelocytic leukemia. Mol Cell Oncol. 2017, 4: e1337547.
10. Li K, Hu ZW*. The real role of pseudokinase: linking diabetes to cancers. Cancer Med. 2016, 5: 1647-1649.
11. Hua F#, Li K#, Yu JJ#, Lv XX, Yan J, Zhang XW, Sun W, Lin H, Shang S, Wang F, Cui B, Mu R, Huang B, Jiang JD, Hu ZW*. TRB3 links insulin/IGF to tumour promotion by interacting with p62 and impeding autophagic/proteasomal degradations. Nat Commun. 2015, 13;6:7951. (#contributing equally) (IF=12.353)
12. Li K, Lv XX, Hua F, Lin H, Sun W, Cao WB, Fu XM, Xie J, Yu JJ, Li Z, Liu H, Han MZ and Hu ZW*. Targeting acute myeloid leukemia with a proapoptotic peptide conjugated to a Toll-like receptor 2-mediated cell-penetrating peptide. Intl J Cancer. 2014; 134:692-702. (IF=7.36)
Awards and Honors
Ke Li, Winners of 23th CNPHARS-SERVIER Prize, Chinese Pharmacological Society & Servier, 2019
Ke Li, “Ten thousand plan” - National high level talents special support plan
Committee of Anti-Cancer Agent, China Anti-cancer Association