Microbial and Biochemical Pharmacy —— Pharmacology
Education & Research
2013/11 – Present Professor of Pharmacology, Institute of Medicinal Biotechnology, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences
2011/10 – 2013/10 Assistant Professor of Pharmacology College of Medicine, Department of Molecular Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, Mayo Clinic, USA
2009/07 – 2011/10 Instructor of Pharmacology College of Medicine, Department of Molecular Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, Mayo Clinic, USA
2006/04 – 2009/04 Postdoctoral Fellowship in Clinical Pharmacology Training Program. Department of Molecular Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, Mayo Clinic, USA
2004/09 – 2006/07 Postdoctoral Research Associate Department of Cancer Biology & Pharmacology, University of Illinois College of Medicine at Peoria (UICOM-P), USA
2000/09 – 2003/07 Ph.D. in microbial and biochemical pharmacy, Peking Union Medical College
Cancer individualized target therapy & translational medical research
Dr. Li has been engaged in cancer targeted therapy & translational medical research. On the basis of cancer pharmacology and pharmacogenomics, her research interests are focused on:
A. to identify new therapeutic targets and investigate drug resistance mechanism in advanced retinoblastoma;
B. to characterize functional mechanism of pharmacodynamic genes related on pancreatic cancer etiology and drug resistance;
C. to develop nanoparticle drugs for cancer targeted therapy by using nanotechnology and synthetic biology;
D. to develop novel antibody-based conjugate drugs (ADC) for cancer targeted therapy;
E. to screen high effective ACK1 inhibitors for cancer targeted therapy
1. Hongjuan Yao, Lan Sun, Yan Liu, Jingcao Li, Xiaofei Zhou, Rui Li, Rongguang Shao, Yingge Zhang*, Liang Li*. The effect of targeting Gli1 siRNA nanoparticles on recurrence of gastric cancer guided by hyaluronic acid (HA) as an intrinsic ligand to CD44 receptor of cancer stem cells. International Journal of Nanomedicine (IF 5.115, Q1）. 2020, Sep 23; 15: 7013-7034.
2. Rui Cao, Wenping Song, Cheng Ye, Xiujun Liu, Liang Li, Yi Li, Hongjuan Yao, Xiaofei Zhou, Liang Li*, Rongguang Shao*. Internal enhancement of DNA damage by a novel bispecific antibody-drug conjugate-like therapeutics via blockage of mTOR and PD-L1 signal pathways in pancreatic cancer. Cancer Medicine（3.491, Q2）. 2019 Feb; 8(2):643-655.
3. Liang Li, Brooke L. Fridley, Gregory D. Jenkins, Krishna R. Kalari, Anthony Batzler, and Liewei Wang. Discovery of genetic biomarkers contributing to variation in drug response of cytidine analogues using human lymphoblastoid cell lines. BMC Genomics（3.986, Q2）. 2014 Feb 1;15: 93.
4. Liang Li, Brooke L. Fridley, Krishna R. Kalari, Gregory D. Jenkins, Anthony Batzler, Stephanie L. Safgren, Michelle A.T. Hildebrandt, Matthew M. Ames, Daniel J. Schaid and Liewei Wang. Gemcitabine and cytosine arabinoside cytotoxicity: association with lymphoblastoid cell expression. Cancer Research (9.727, Q1). 2008 Sep 1;68(17):7050-8.
5. Liang Li, Christopher S. Gondi, Dzung H. Dinh, and Jasti S. Rao. Transfection with anti-p65 intrabody suppresses invasion and angiogenesis in glioma cells by blocking NF-κB transcriptional activity. Clinical Cancer Research（IF 10.107, Q1). 2007 Apr 1;13(7):2178-90.
6. Huadong Pei, Liang Li, Brooke L. Fridley, Gregory D. Jenkins, Krishna R. Kalari, Wilma Lingle, Gloria Petersen, Zhenkun Lou and Liewei Wang. FKBP51 acts as a scaffolding protein to regulate Akt phosphorylation. Cancer Cell (IF 26.602, Q1）. 2009, 16(3): 259-266.
Awards and Honors
2012 The Travel Scholarship Award for Trainees and Junior Faculty for at the 13th International Meeting on Human Genome Variation and Complex Genome Analysis (HGV2012)
2010 The Gerstner Family Career Development Award in Individualized Medicine at Mayo Clinic
2004 AACR-ITO EN, Ltd. Scholar-in-Training Award for the American Association for Cancer Research (AACR) 95th Annual Meeting
1. Professional Memberships
Active member of
American Association for Cancer Research (AACR), American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS), Cancer Etiology Professional Committee, anti-cancer drugs Professional Committee of Chinese Anti Cancer Association (CACA), Monoclonal Antibody Professional Committee Of China Medical Biotechnology Association, Allergic Medicine Professional Committee Of China Research Hospital Association, Basic And Translational Medicine Professional Committee Of Beijing Society Of Neurology
2. Societies and Services
1) Member of Editorial board for
Journal of Cancer Research Updates
Chinese Journal of Biochemical Pharmaceutics
2) Scientific Reviewer for Medical Journals including
Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics, Artificial Cell Nanomedicine, Metabolomics, Clinical Pharmacology: Advances and Applications, Chinese Journal of Cancer, European Journal of Cancer Care, Journal of Cancer Research Updates, PLOS ONE, Pharmacogenomics and Personalized Medicine